Monday, June 8, 2009

A long descent with a few rolling hills

Rode 62 miles to Selkirk State Park on Lake Ontario. On the way I got chased by my first dog. Up to this point they pretty much have just barked and barked but stayed on the property line. This little guy heard me coming cuz I was singing and he started to bark, then leaped from his porch and anticipating my velocity ran at a diagonal to catch me. I rode as fast as I could screaming at the little brat (I know, I know, that probably makes it worse), and he kept up with me for a few seconds yapping away before he peeled off. I bought a squirt gun at the next Dollar Store I came across. Now I just need vinegar or something nasty to mix with the water.Later in the afternoon I stopped at a nursery and fruit market. They had a huge selection of fresh fruit, dried fruit, nuts, and baked goods. I wanted a smaller bag of dried apples so I asked in the back if they would make me a custom bag. No problem. While a woman was helping me, another employee started asking me about the trip. Then he takes a twenty out of his wallet and offers it as a contribution to the trip. I stepped back and said, "No way! But if the day were over, I'd surely let you buy me a drink." He was interested but the day wasn't over.

1 comment:

  1. You are truly a Supreme Fucking Goddess among Women. Rock on with your SupaBadass self. Delighted to hear that the Universe is providing and protecting you on this Great Journey.

    XO,
    Jen Pohler

    ReplyDelete